Sunday, January 29, 2017

Stupid is as stupid does


 I have to second guess everything now. Things that sound feasable to me are not true. 
Things… like laws, rules, that are true, astound me and in my mind are opposite of what they should be.. .ugh!!


There is so much mis information. With photoshop I can’t trust what I see.. ..photography was mostly real, the perfect light and a skilled photographer knowing what film and f. stop to use in creating a beautiful art photograph or photojournalism that told the truth in a picture..all gone.. 

The propaganda, spoof-makers, yellow journalism , fear mongers.. I just can’t trust what I read..
The sampling and audio manipulation that anyone can do now, I can’t trust my ears..

What will happen next? Pre crime like in the Tom Cruz movie?  it is happening already with suspicion and profiling.

 
Case in point..#1
Fucked up  Florida..
I drove to Florida, last month, for a vacation. After driving all day, it was late and dark. I was just over the border really, north of St. Augustine, Jacksonville beaches, wealthy area.. I pulled over in a parking area  kinda the road side, but bigger for beach access…it was pretty desolate road. many houses, empty land too.some cars.not too many. Saw a cop car pass me..
I checked my phone/map. I was there about a minute.. I continued driving even though was  tired, my destination maybe 15 miles.. about 5 miles later I saw a large public beach access parking area and decided to stop again. I really needed to actually get out of the car and  stretch my legs and check my map again because It seemed as if I would have been to the bridge I wanted  by now..

. Yes the sign said no parking after sunset..Didn’t think twice about it..it was about 11PM. 
I was not really parking and leaving my car.. I had just  opened my door and getting out, phone in hand,  and a cop was pulling in behind me. So he asked if everything was ok because he saw me stop earlier. He told me I couldn’t park there. 

I said I was just checking the map on my phone again and wanted to stretch my legs as I had been driving all day.. ( VERMONT plates, sober, single, older,  non threatening , kind looking lady ( and yes, luckily white in a southern state, like the cop ) ..kind of obvious I was not a threat)  Again he said I couldn’t park there, because if the residents see people there ,they will probably call it in..

 I said, ok, I don’t want to bother anyone.  we say thanks and bye..
 So he goes to get in his car,  I was getting in mine,  my door still open, he starts back towards me , says,
 "Diane, Can I just check your license?” 

I had not told him my name. That freaked me out..
He must have ran my plates when he passed me earlier.. so if he did he would know there is nothing on my car, not stolen or anything..

I said “ Really? , well sure, just seems odd”
He said he had to, so that he can account for his stop, his time…so he takes my license and I have to wait. Seems like this would bother the neighbors more than if he would have just let me go on my way..
Now that seemed really odd.. Welcome to Fuckin’ Florida…

A few days later I was at a beach side state/city?  camp ground. It was not crowded and it was a  beautiful beach, even if the workers were stupid  and the bathrooms and showers were scuzzy..
 My Honda Element is set up for car camping/sleeping inside. I knew rain was in the forecast, so I didn’t bother to set up my tent.
 It started raining in the middle of the night..Nice sleeping weather. Early in the morning  I was just waking up, I see a car on the road  in front of my camp space. Normal car . A Dude gets out and starts walking into my camp area. , normal clothes, he was about 50.. i yelled at him through the gap in the window before he could even get close to the car! I was pissed. I mean i had not had my coffee yet and some stranger is invading my space.
 “ what do you want? or something like that,  stern and obviously annoyed..he wanted to know if I had a permit.. i got mad..

i said yeah, what the fuck, you waking me up to see if i have a permit? 
It’s right here on the dash"..i wave it at him through the windshield,  and tell him “ now go away and leave me alone.” .really I said that..
(you can’t get in to camp grounds without paying and also getting a code for the gate) 
again, i am  a single older woman, in a decent car, early AM, raining..and some man approaches?  He, men, may not know it, but some times this would be perceived threatening and scary to a woman. people!  He worked there, is there no training or protocol for this situation?
 
so he goes and gets in his car and does not leave..then he comes BACK, and tells me I can’t sleep in my car.

I was really pissed now... said, what are you talking about? I’m camping and It’s raining out..  now go away and leave me the fuck alone” ….he tried to continue to tell me i couldn’t sleep in my car..i yelled at him again .."just  go away and stop bothering me.."

i stopped at the desk on the way out and complained.
.the lady said the man was checking permits because I was supposed to be in site 192 and i was in 194..

I showed her my permit, 2 car tags that said 194.. 

she said, I know. But, .I said you could have site 192 
194 is an RV site..
I said “ I didn’t know,  that’s not my fault,  my papers and car tag says 194 so that’s where I went.  Why did you give me 194 and not want me to go there?  and then  have some man wake me, a single woman, and bother me. You logged my car and license plate..It creeped me out and was kind of  scary..and I don’t think that is appropriate to do to a woman.

She said “ you were in the wrong spot and  it is illegal to sleep in your vehicle.."

i said "that’s just stupid,you gave me 194.   the people in the camp spot across from me were in an RV..that’s a vehicle.."
She then told me " it says in the park rules that you can’t sleep in a non approved vehicle."

I  said” What are you talking about?non approved?  It was raining. Are you  telling me people can’t seek shelter and go sleep their car or van or truck or SUV  at night if it’s raining? That they either have to stay in their tent the whole time or leave for a motel in the middle of the night?”

She said , it’s illegal to sleep in your car on city property."

I said," it’s a campground. Isn’t this a county park? I paid. It’s not like I was on a city street.
She said it was "a city park, well a county/city park.."

WTF

I then just said "I would like to have contact information to make a formal complaint.I don’t have time to be searching the internet for an hour to look for the department."

Harassment everywhere..

So I left Florida as fast as I could..I was there  less than 3 days, didn’t go further on to see my friends..
Something is not right with that state. Something is not right with this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment